The Association of Academic Physiatrists (AAP) is a professional medical society that is seeking an Education Manager. The Education Manager will work with the Education Committee to assess member learning needs and practice gaps to create and manage innovative and relevant educational programs with a primary focus on web and mobile technology. The candidate will be responsible for working with subject matter experts to clarify learning objectives and educational content, and will analyze evaluations, market dynamics, and new trends to ensure top quality programs are being produced. The candidate will successfully market the programs to create value to members and increase or create sources of revenue. The Education Manager will develop, foster, and execute new ideas for growth.
This position requires a self-starter who can manage multiple projects through each stage, from concept to launch, in a small-staff association. The candidate should be familiar with various technologies and will manage the society’s web-based learning management system (LMS). Previous experience with educational programming, continuing medical education (CME), and adult learning is strongly desired.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the Education Committee via in-person meetings, regular conference calls, and electronic communication to create enduring educational products to assist members in complying with maintenance of certification and continuing medical education requirements.
- Work with the Education Committee to develop innovative approaches that facilitate the management of residency programs, evaluate resident competency, and develop teaching faculty.
- Create knowledge and learning programs that enrich AAP’s role in physiatry and provide a continuum of education for members throughout their career.
- Develop budget and pricing structure for each product and maintain accurate key financial records. Implement and present educational reporting to the Education Committee including outcome studies, survey reviews and analysis, and financial reports.
- Monitor and interpret trends in adult education, particularly continuing medical education and strategies used by other CME providers.
- Encourage innovation in formats, methods, and media by presenting alternative educational modalities to volunteers planning educational programs.
- Manage an efficient and effective processes for developing, delivering, and evaluating educational programs.
- Prepare and report on evaluation results for all educational activities including the annual meeting.
- Manage the learning management system and produce/manage certificates for continuing medical education for all activities.
- Manage the Journal CME process and encourage members to complete the Journal CME.
- Implement strategies to increase the number of individuals entering physiatry residency and fellowship programs.
- Ensure that the Society’s continuing medical education programs are fully compliant with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME).
- Work collaboratively with the External Affairs Director to develop proposals for external funding opportunities.