The Instructional Designer and E-Learning Manager works in collaboration with ASGE staff and clinical subject matter experts (SMEs), making recommendations by translating pedagogical and andragogy research and practice into instructional context, specifically crafted to produce desired learning outcomes. Suggests models for designing or redesigning courses based upon improving learning and where applicable, practice-based outcomes. Performs a wide variety of tasks, from designing training materials and guides in addition to incorporating complex interactive multi-media. Is to be considered an in-house learning management system expert. Develops and guides others on instructional deliverables that align with educational design plans and requirements. Leverages tools and technologies appropriate for a variety of learning delivery methods for face-to-face classroom instruction, simulation based skills training in ASGE’s Bio Skills Laboratory, e-Learning, webcasts, webinars, audiocasts, podcasts, vodcasts, mobile learning and/or blended course strategies.
Essential Job Functions
The essential job functions listed below represent the primary duties and responsibilities of this job. Other duties and responsibilities within the scope of this job may be assigned to the employee. These essential job functions may change from time to time based on the strategic and operational needs of the organization.
1.Provides day to day administrative support of a Learning Management System (LMS) that include the following: Acts as the ASGE subject matter expert on content creation and tracking reports within the LMS; Identifies possible improvements that enable ASGE to further leverage benefits of its LMS; Establishes minimum quality standards and requirements for on-line training content and confirms adherence; Ensures robust interface between LMS and other interconnected systems that are required for efficient and effective operation; Provides monthly reports and updates to all set training objectives and requirements; Works directly with LMS provider to troubleshoot issues and implement updates as necessary.
2.Responsible for supervising and working closely, for staff direct reports on e-learning and blended course strategies. Takes primary responsibility for projects that require additional support. Assures assigned educational projects are on time and within budget, maintaining ACCME compliance.
3.Serves as staff liaison and advisor to education products committee, writing summary reports and recommendations coming from committee meetings for board consideration.
4.Serves as coach and internal trainer, providing instructional and program design expertise for the development and support of online courses and specialized educational programs. Responsible for assisting faculty in the design of online coursework/programs and instructional practices, development of learning resources and re-visioning of courses and course segments to electronic delivery methods.
5.Attends appropriate conferences and seminars to maintain an up-to-date knowledge base of new instructional software and pedagogical techniques. Presents on topics related to distance learning, technology and course design at state, regional, or national meetings. Develops partnerships with online faculty members to explore teaching and learning online. Serves as a resource to other committees for e-learning strategies.
| || |
The core qualifications listed below represent the minimum education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the essential job functions listed above with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Meticulous attention to detail, priority placed on ensuring complete and accurate documentation.
- Highly self-reliant and capable of quickly solving problems and resolving conflicts at various level
- Ability to think critically and make decisions based on instructions and previous experience.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills combined with a sincere passion for enabling others through training.
- Computer savvy and comfortable operating within variety of different systems; Advanced skills in the use of education technology applications.
- Reliable and committed to adhering to task deadlines.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
- High-level multi-tasking skills required
- Evaluation and data analysis skills
- Uses strong interpersonal, written and visual communication skills to bring together text, images, video and audio to communicate and educate ASGE members, customers and other stakeholders.
- Ability to deal well with ambiguity and fast-paced change.
- Ability to deliver a positive customer service experience.
- Monitor budgets and control cost accordingly
- Work both independently and as part of a team
- Participate in evening conference calls and weekend courses
- Travel as needed throughout the year (approximately 5%)
- Ability to integrate resources, policies and information for the determination of procedures, solutions, and other outcomes.