The Manager, Member Development is a tenacious and passionate sales person who excels at member growth that aligns with PCMA’s vision. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional member development acumen that will lead to growing PCMA’s membership base around the world.
The primary objective of this position is to exceed annual PCMA membership goals for recruitment and retention. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in sales for achieving and exceeding goals. While membership sales experience is not necessary, the candidate must prove how they will help PCMA grow its membership.
This role will be required to build the membership pipeline by identify key target markets through research coupled with attending tradeshows and other industry events. The position will also include managing and motivating volunteers to participate in various recruitment and retention programs; analyzing results and submitting timely and accurate reports; and implementing new strategies and programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment & Retention
- Exceeds member recruitment goals of organization
- Development and execution of recruitment and retention strategies (to include telephone calls, emails, and face to face interaction)
- Exceeds member retention goals of organization through execution and management of the member engagement plan to ensure members renew as well as regain lapsed/expired members
- Contact prospects who attend programs and/or purchase products and services from PCMA. Includes email, direct mail and telephone within 48 hours
- Sources prospect lists through list agencies, chapter events, member referrals and trade agreements
- Participate in industry tradeshows for recruitment and retention of members
- Manages outreach efforts of Membership Committee, Chapters and staff
- Promptly responds to all prospect inquiries
Social Media & Online Community Management
- Manage PCMA’s online social media site Catalyst to ensure regular activity on the site. This includes cross promotion through blogs, Twitter, Facebook, Linked In and other strategically relevant online properties.
- Coordinate social media efforts with key stakeholders including membership recruitment and retention activities, industry publications, meetings, and education. This includes working with internal departments to identify key contributors to various communities.
- Serve as a PCMA Catalyst expert, which includes providing necessary internal and external training.
- Regularly monitor activities posted to the community for community members, and provide necessary support as needed.
- Creating marketing/communications plans relative to Catalyst to provide direction on PCMA’s strategic plan. This includes development of goals & objectives for site performance and social media channel activity.
- Research and develop ways to drive traffic to social media channels in addition to researching existing and emerging social/professional networking channels, platform sites, blogs and apps for new ways to reach and engage in conversation with consumers
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- This role is a hands-on sales role that is directly responsible for achieving the goals of the department through significant interaction with volunteers, chapter leadership, prospects and staff
- Represents PCMA professionally at all tradeshows, industry events and PCMA events when needed
- Serve as Staff Liaison in a supporting or lead role on one or more Committees or Task Force
- Position requires work on some evenings and weekends