Dynamic association in the greater DC area is seeking a Director of Education & Events to plan, create, develop and manage the association’s education initiatives and events (except for the association’s certification programs and processes).
This person will be responsible for program leadership, strategic educational plan development and execution, managing and meeting all education and program needs in a timely and high quality manner and oversight of all event logistics. Position will be responsible for the development and delivery of educational content through several possible delivery options (e.g., web casts, eLearning; annual conferences; regional and virtual events); managing volunteer committees; management and development of direct reports; and focused development and oversight of budgets to ensure events are performing against budget.
Responsible for the professional and effective management of logistics and planning (including on site management) for events such as Leaders Forum, National Collegiate Landscape Competition, Legislative Day on the Hill and Renewal and Remembrance, LANDSCAPES annual conference, Interior Plantscape Symposium and regional symposiums.
- Provides leadership in ensuring exemplary content development of all educational programming
- Manages the development and updating of program/speakers tracking database, as well as the selection, invitation and management of speakers and/or educational partners
- Works to establish schedules for events to ensure appropriate and adequate staff resource management
- Orients and supports volunteer leaders and spearheads conference leadership activities
- Designs, implements and analyzes program evaluation(s) and educational surveys
- Serves as staff liaison/staff leader to all volunteer educational planning committees
- Provides leadership/input for the design of conference themes and marketing
- Oversees development of RFP processes and site selection for future event locations that include research of venue, flights, hotel availability, ground transportation, etc.
- Provides content for web site to promote educational events
- Oversees association’s robust webinar and virtual conference program
- Works in concert with other association teams to collaborate on cross-promotion and development of joint goals/initiatives
- Manages relationship with all outside vendors and educational partners related to the association’s educational initiatives
- Manages budgets for all components of our educational events and other educational products as needed; reports out on budget performance on a regular basis
- Identifies and manages issues impacting event performance to maximize net income without negatively impacting attendee experience
- Serves as the primary inter-functional contact with other NALP staff to leverage cross-functional initiatives and NALP member value
- Provides oversight/coaching to events team, including holding team meetings, reviewing and approving of team’s work, hiring and evaluating team members, etc.
- Makes recommendations for, and works to implement, ongoing operational efficiencies related to the management of our events (ie, registration processes, etc.)
- Contributes to the overall success of the company by contributing during periodic and annual planning and management meetings
- Manages relationships with outside vendors (hotels, registration company, trade show management, etc.) to ensure the best use of association resources
- Performs additional duties as assigned to further support the NALP organization