Area Manager, Association of Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE)
981050:Association of Clinical Pastor
The ideal candidate may be a CPE supervisor and/or Certified Association Executive (CAE); have 5 or more years of experience working with an education or health care association in accreditation with knowledge of accreditation software; a relationship or experience with the US Department of Education; and professional development/continuing education experience that demonstrates an ability to bring best practices to ACPE. Ideal candidates may also have an area of expertise to provide leadership to the area management team, such as technology, marketing/communications, strategic planning, event coordination, and/or curriculum development/educational programming. Members of under-represented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
FORMAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
- This position will work closely in a team of area managers, with responsibility for overseeing, managing, and representing Association of Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE) functions across designated geographic areas.
- Liaises with multiple large and complex programs as well as several smaller programs, with a broad spectrum of responsibilities and special projects.
- May represent ACPE and/or program(s) in various national and international settings; collaborates with representatives from other organizations as appropriate.
- May participate in establishing policy and procedure, as well as administering these policies as appropriate.
- May participate in various activities around budgeting, strategic planning, accreditation function, or other organizational work.
- Identifies opportunities for providing assistance to supervisors and/or organizations to establish new programs in under-represented areas.
- Facilitates area educational events in coordination with Communities of Practice.
- Facilitates the provision of certification meetings for aspiring supervisors in collaboration with the Certification Commission chair and the ACPE Program Manager.
- Supports Communities of Practice , including formation of new groups, resource strategies, and acquisition, and facilitation of gatherings.
- Collaborates with Accreditation Commission chair and ACPE Program Manager to develop, implement, and support volunteer accreditation functions.
- Monitors and maintains compliance with US Department of Education requirements in coordination with the ACPE Program Manager.
- Oversees communications with centers related to their accreditation status and maintenance of accredited status.
- Responds to requests for information about accreditation from Commissioners, members, and the public.
- Performs other related duties as required.
The Association for Clinical Pastoral Education, Inc. (ACPE) is a multicultural, multi-faith organization devoted to providing education and improving the quality of ministry and pastoral care offered by spiritual caregivers of all faiths through the clinical educational methods of Clinical Pastoral Education. ACPE is nationally recognized as an accrediting agency in the field of clinical pastoral education by the U.S. Secretary of Education through the U.S. Department of Education. Our Mission: A community of professionals committed to nurturing connections to the sacred through experiential, transformational education and spiritual care. Our Vision: The consistency and exceptional quality of experiential education provided by our association creates measurable and appreciable improvement in the spiritual health and transformation of people and communities in the US and across the globe.
• Diversity and inclusion - demonstrated through cultural humility, attentiveness and collegiality.
• Integrity - demonstrated through trust, respect and excellence.
• Curiosity - demonstrated through listening, experiential models, innovation and creativity.
• Process - demonstrated through action/reflection, listening, experiential and relational models.
• Service - demonstrated through compassion, authenticity and growth.