The incumbent plans and implements all aspects of MBA’s Associate Membership program. Incumbent implements sales strategies and marketing communications for membership recruitment efforts, manages new member onboarding efforts, leads administration and tracking efforts for Associate Member benefits, and assists with dues collection and other membership retention efforts as part of membership team.
1. Administers implementation of Associate Member specific benefits, including working cross-organizationally to ensure all documented benefits are being provided in an accurate and timely manner (i.e. magazine ads, NewsLink listings, conference signs, etc.). Tracks all benefit management activities and provides regular reports to Associate Vice President.
2. Executes sales strategies to grow Associate Membership, including identifying prospects, coordinating direct mail outreach efforts, development of promotional materials, meetings and calls with prospects and sales pipeline tracking.
3. Serves as account manager for Premier and Select level Associate Members by regularly and effectively communicating level specific benefits and encouraging participation.
4. Plans and coordinates bi-annual Associate Member Council meetings.
5. Implements new member onboarding efforts and engagement strategies for Associate Members. Identifies gaps in engagement and outreach and works with AVP of Membership to expand and enhance initiatives in these areas.
6. Promotes and maintains accurate collection of member and customer data.
7. Publish content to corporate web pages for Associate Member program. Works with internal IT team to ensure accuracy and provides recommendations for site improvements.
8. Where appropriate, travels to MBA events to meet with potential or existing members and provide on-site management of new membership acquisition activities.
9. Serves as key member of the membership team and assists as needed with other membership related activities, including distribution of renewal materials, conference preparation, staffing of joint email boxes and calls to #800, special projects, etc.
10. Actively cross-promotes MBA opportunities (i.e. sponsorships, advertising and exhibits) to current and prospective Associate Members and works with MBA conference, sponsorship and advertising staff on these efforts.
11. Develops an ongoing understanding of the real estate finance environment and the role of the trade association in serving the mortgage industry as it relates to these functions.
This position description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this job. Incumbents are required to perform other functions, as assigned.