The Optical Society (OSA) is recruiting for an Exhibits Sales Manager. The Exhibit Sales Manager has overall responsibility for exceeding all exhibit renewal sales and retention goals for OFC, CLEO and FiO. Position will work with Director, Exhibit and Sponsorship Sales to ensure corporate customer needs are exceeded.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Make high volume outbound sales calls and other outreach efforts for renewal and business development for OFC, CLEO and FiO.
- Initiate meetings with current and potential clients to determine sales and marketing objectives, budget and timing.
- Research and identify new sales leads.
- Maintain an accurate and robust database of qualified sales prospects.
- Record all sales activity and pipeline in CRM.
- Produces weekly reports for the Director, Exhibit & Sponsorship Sales concerning the renewal status for OFC, CLEO, and FiO.
- Collaborate with Director, Exhibit and Sponsorship Sales and make recommendations on year-round sponsorship proposals, where advertising is included.
- Provide regular sales updates to the Director of Sales and Sponsorship on sales and pipeline activity.
- Finalize all contracts and forward to Sales Coordinator for fulfillment
- Generate new sales ideas and approaches.
- Initiates sales scripts, email blasts and other activities to boost sales.
- Actively and collaboratively participate in regularly scheduled individual, departmental, and organizational team meetings.
- Provide input to Director of Sales and Sponsorship on budgeted revenue goals.
- Responsible to the Director of Sales and Sponsorship for meeting and exceeding those revenue goals.
- Ensures all information for rebook is posted on-line (prior to when rebook mailing drops), on-site forms, contracts are updated, printed and shipped.
- Manages all aspects of “AON” points project for OFC and CLEO from start to finish (including database updates, calculations, and history maintenance, handling inbound exhibitor calls, and coordinating pre- and post-con rebook mailings).
- Works with Director, Exhibit and Sponsorship Sales to manage exhibitor up-size requests, down-size requests and cancellations
- Maintains wait lists for re-locations on exhibit floor plans and notifies exhibitors as spaces they requested become available.
- Performs in-person rebook duties at OFC and CLEO.
- Works directly with the meetings department as the sales liaison for meeting room fulfillment for OFC.
- Works closely with the exhibit operations team to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction in all areas of exhibits, advertising, and sponsorship sales
- Coordinates CLEO First-Time Exhibitor promotion.
- Produces email and mailing lists for exhibitor marketing efforts as requested by the Director, Exhibit & Sponsorship Sales.
- Creates prospect lists for competitive lists for use by staff
- Works with OSA in-house counsel on exhibitor questions related to contract revision request.
- Attends industry related trade shows, schedules meetings with customers, and makes sales presentations to up-sell customers.
- Handles general exhibit-related calls and emails with a high level of customer service, and/or routes them to the appropriate person.
Education and Experience
- Four College degree
- Minimum of five years’ sales experience, preferably event/tradeshow and advertising sales.
- Management position; does not supervise staff.
- Association or Optics industry experience preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- A high level of initiative and attention to detail is required
- Required proficiency in: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Proficiency with Contact management software, preferably ACT or SalesForce
- Experience with NetForum or other association management software system
- Familiarity with Kentico or other web content management software
- Prefer experience with ExpoCAD or other space-draw programs
- Familiarity with Quark, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat preferred.
- Prefer experience with SwiftPage or other HTML email management programs.
- Strong interpersonal and customer communications skills.
- Excellent business writing skills and experience.
- Some experience and proven track record in negotiation skills, specifically as relates to working within established product prices.
- Skilled in following up with customers, being forceful in a professional manner and persistent to be able to close sales to maximize customer decision-making.
- Ability to focus effectively on multiple tasks at all times
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to travel required
Located in the Dupont Circle neighborhood of Washington, DC, OSA offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Please send your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.