The Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) is searching for an association education specialist who has the knowledge, skills, and ability to manage integral components of our annual conference program planning. The position has high visibility with the membership and significant interaction with participants and speakers.
As Manager, Education Programs, you will schedule, develop, plan, coordinate, and implement conference program activities in close coordination with the Associate Director, Conference Programming and other members of the Education department.
Tasks associated with this position include:
- Speaker management
- Abstract submission and review process implementation
- Helping to develop and review annual conference marketing materials
- Helping develop annual conference logistics, housing, and registration
- Maintaining for accuracy of Annual Conference website, keeping it up to date in real time
- Requesting, analyzing and reporting session evaluations.
There are some meeting management components to this position that stretch beyond annual conference to include board meetings and other live educational events. Duties included would be:
- Site selection
- Onsite logistics management
- Some contract negotiations (mostly food and beverage)
- And final bill coding.
Travel is estimated to be about 35% of the time and is a requirement of this position.
The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, plus three to five years’ experience organizing conference programming and events, preferably at a non-profit, membership organization. Familiar with healthcare issues is considered a plus.
Other requirements include:
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- Experience with Cadmium, highly preferred
- Knowledge of iMIS and Adobe Acrobat Professional
- High level of comfort with technology (required)
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to produce clear, written communications
- Professional and courteous telephone manner
- Ability to manage projects
- Ability to be well organization; pay attention to detail; and address changing priorities
- Experience in volunteer and speaker management, budgeting, program planning, and implementation.
- A knowledge of continuing education
- Willingness and ability to travel approximately 35% of the time
APIC has a comprehensive benefits program including vacation and sick leave, medical, dental, life, short- and long-term disability insurance, flexible spending plans, commuter subsidy, tuition reimbursement, teleworking up to two days following one year of employment, and a generous 401(k) retirement plan, both Roth and regular.
Our building has wonderful free tenant amenities including fitness facility, rooftop terrace, game room with ping pong, fooz ball, air hockey, televisions, lending library and vending machines.
Please visit our website: www.APIC.org
Send your resume and a cover letter with salary expectations to: Employment@apic.org