The ASAE Foundation seeks an experienced operations manager to oversee and enhance its development operations through project management effectiveness. This position serves as an integral member of a two-person development team to deepen the foundation’s relationships with ASAE members, current donors, volunteers and internal stakeholders.
The Senior Manager, Development Operations & Donor Relations will work closely with individuals from ASAE's meetings and expositions team, sponsorship, marketing, IT, finance, web, and learning teams. Incumbent will report to the Vice President of Development. This is a full time exempt position based in Washington, D.C.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manages the development, creation, production, proofing, and shipment of project and event collateral and deliverables (e.g., preparing invitation lists, email marketing lists, sponsorship solicitation lists, sponsorship recognition banners, donor recognition ribbons for events, event promotional collateral, board reports, quarterly newsletters, etc).
- Responds to inquiries and requests for information (via email and telephone) about opportunities and methods of giving to the ASAE Foundation and about ASAE Foundation special events (e.g., Golf Tournament and Foundation Pour).
- Increases the effectiveness and efficiency of support services through improvements to
- each function, (HR, IT, Business Analytics, Research, Member Services, Marketing, Alliance Partnership and Finance) as well as coordination and communication between all ASAE business units and departments.
- Works with legal counsel and finance staff in addressing legal issues (e.g. gift acceptance policy, donor recognition, tax-exemption of specific gifts, governing instruments, partnerships, licensing etc.).
- Support the Vice President of Development in managing the execution of various fundraising projects and events (e.g., Annual Fund, donor relations program, scholarships, special programs, golf tournaments). Facilitates timely and accurate coordination with internal teams and external resources.
- Updates and oversees event registration forms as needed.
- Organizes and maintains office filing system.
- Contributes to the short and long-term strategy of the Development Department.
- Supervises any temporary staff/interns as needed and external vendors e.g. Sponsorship Sales Team, Mail houses and consultants as needed.
Financial and Data Management
- Manages day-to-day processing of accounts receivable for individual and corporate pledges, sponsorships and major gifts using association management software and event registration software (Aptify) and event registration software (eShow) ensuring accuracy and timely input of all gift formation and generation of acknowledgements.
- Maintains and improves the administration of the donor database, ensuring that best PCI Compliance is maintained to ensure donor data is safeguarded and best practices are followed for data entry and management throughout the organization, documenting these protocols.
- Creates and implements reliable tracking methods for events, appeals, prospective donors and major donor relationships.
- Runs regular reports, presents analyses, using infographics, and uses data to inform fundraising strategies.
- Manages maintenance and clean-up projects to ensure up-to-date and accurate donor information, and easy data extraction for reports and queries.
- Collaborates with colleagues in database analytics and finance departments to coordinate monthly reconciliations, fundraising module and integration with event registration software.
- Works with the VP of Development and the finance department to prepare, develop and manage the annual budget and operating plan.
- Reconciles monthly financial activity; manages gift renewals, annual year-end statements with accounting and data management teams.
- Oversees the logistical management of project-related volunteer groups, including: Creation and dissemination of monthly solicitation lists to a volunteer Development Committee, young donors outreach (micro-volunteer thank you call committee) and board of director thank you letters and calls.
- Managing logistics for in-person meetings (pre- and on-site) and conference calls.
- Preparing and distributing meeting agendas and minutes.
- Serves as the voice of the ASAE Foundation development department. Drafts all foundation marketing and communications materials including Board updates, Committee updates, scripts for Foundation events, event supporter prospectus, donor banners, and emails for donors and event supporters.
- Drafts monthly social media content for foundation Twitter account and ASAE Facebook page and Instagram account.
- Oversees donor stewardship efforts including: annual mailings of items like lapel pins, metal badges, and ribbons.
- Coordinates outreach and helps select Thanksgiving, Birthday, Anniversary and Holiday cards for foundation staff to sign for donors.
- Develop infographics and other materials for Board meetings and supporter outreach.
- Provides weekly development updates to foundation President and key stakeholders.