The Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine (SMFM), a DC-based, fast-growing medical specialty association in the women’s health space dedicated to advocacy and education for healthcare providers who treat high-risk pregnant women and their unborn babies, is seeking an energetic, organized, and experienced Senior Executive Assistant (SEA) to provide high-level administrative support to the CEO and other senior executives.
SMFM offers great benefits, including access to several no- or low-cost health insurance plans, three weeks of annual leave plus 16 company and Federal holidays (2017), 8 percent salary contribution to a 401(k) plan, commuter allowance, flexible work hours, telecommuting once/week, a great team and a collegial working environment. We are an equal opportunity employer. Visit us at www.smfm.org.
If you have a passion for assisting others, are extremely detail-oriented and organized, can work independently and can handle multiple projects with competing priorities at a time, have the ability to anticipate and resolve issues on the spot, and thrive in a fast-paced environment, then we want to hear from you! Interested candidates apply online. Deadline is April 12, 2017.
About the Job
The SEA leads project work as it relates to the work of the CEO. The SEA plays a critical role in ensuring smooth day-to-day operations for the CEO, and may be called on occasion to assist other Senior Executive Team members with clerical tasks. This is a front-facing position in the organization and requires daily interaction with many audiences, including Society members and stakeholders. Support includes managing executive calendars and correspondence, scheduling meetings, attending to visitors, note taking and preparing various reports, arranging travel plans and itineraries, and performing purchases for the CEO. The SEA also liaises with the Board and Executive Committee, and maintains them informed of meeting locations and schedules, as well as secures and analyzes information to aid senior leadership in decision-making.
Executive Office Support
- Coordinates the CEO’s schedule, meetings, domestic and international travel arrangements, and teleconferences.
- Prepares timely and error-free expense reports and correspondence; ensures compliance with SMFM’s meeting, travel and expense policies and tools.
- Maintains communication with CEO throughout the day, as needed via text or email to ensure adherence to the schedule and informs of schedule changes.
- Responds, as appropriate, on behalf of the CEO, Senior Executive Team members, Executive Committee, or Board members to requests for information and invitations.
- Maintains all files for the CEO, Executive Committee and Board organized, up-to-date, and in compliance with organizational requirements.
- Assists in the preparation of briefings, talking points and background reading required for meetings; works with other SMFM staff as needed to ensure CEO is properly prepared for external meetings.
- Formats and edits letters and other documents from draft to ready stage using SMFM standards, templates, branding and correspondence guidance; drafts communications and responses on behalf of the CEO, with constant attention to detail in composing, typing, and proofing materials.
- Schedules, organizes agenda, and sets up staff meetings; plans and keeps track of rolling items.
- Takes minutes at Senior Executive Team meetings, Board, and Executive Committee meetings and highlights appropriate action items for follow-up.
- Manages or coordinates small projects for the CEO and other Senior Executive Team members.
- Prioritizes work by considering risk, importance, urgency, and potential business, organizational, or member implications; works independently and proactively notifies appropriate individual(s) of any identified issues, conflicts, or risks.
- Takes the initiative to improve operations and office conditions within established guidelines, performs general office duties.
- Organizes meetings, retreats and small events; arranges catering; may need to set up and clean up on occasion.
- Performs additional administrative duties as needed.
Board and Executive Committee Support
- Provides general support and assistance for the set up and execution of Executive Committee and Board meetings and conference calls; works closely with the CEO to develop agendas, and secures and prepares materials for distribution.
- Gathers and posts information through the appropriate channels.
- Keeps Board policies in order as well as other governing materials.
- Manages travel logistics for Board members and works with other SMFM staff on the arrangement of hotel reservations, catering, transportation and any other requirements as needed.
- Processes expense reports and ensures timely handling and reimbursements.
- Manages budget for Board meetings.