About the Job
Lead the strategy and development of industry-leading, high quality, outcomes-oriented professional development and education products deployed to APhA members and customer stakeholders in order to maintain APhA’s leadership position in the pharmacy profession, enhance member value, and deliver non-dues revenue to the Association.
The Primary Responsibilities are:
To lead the development of continuing pharmacy education activities.
- Create and implement a professional education program strategy that aligns with the APhA Strategic Plan, meets member needs, and enhances member value.
- Create and implement a professional education and training program strategy that meets marketplace demand, produces non-dues revenue, and results in an ROI to the Association.
- Ensure that all APhA educational programs are compliant with the current Accreditation Standards for Pharmacy Education and provide members with current topics and effective delivery systems.
- Oversee Annual Meeting, Joint Federal Pharmacy Seminar (JFPS), certificate training programs, Ambulatory Care Review course, advanced training programs, and all customized and grant-sponsored activities (monographs, webinars, etc.)
- Collaborate with Business Development (BE) teams to ensure that independent educational activities accurately reflect deliverables in grant requests and comply with all related contractual/grant obligations. Ensure that BD teams have all information needed to support their business development objectives (instructional design, program, and outcomes descriptors, etc). Also, work with BD teams to create new programs and concepts for grant support.
Lead Content Leveraging Team in developing strategies and tactics for “repurposing” and/or “repackaging” education, other content, and intellectual property from across the broader Association.
- Develop new products from APhA’s existing content and other IP to expand non-dues revenue.
- Establish innovative protocols for developing educational content by engaging cross-functional teams.
- Explore partnerships with other organizations that may have content that APhA can “insource” for new products.
- Optimize distribution and use of educational programs and training by engaging and collaborating with internal stakeholders (marketing, production, etc) and vendor partners
To develop and coach staff, and manage staffing issues associated with large team.
- Maintain all human resources requirements including annual performance reviews.
- Provide opportunities for each member of the team to participate in cross training activities within the Education Department as well as with other departments/divisions.
- Address all staffing issues quickly and effectively to ensure and maintain successful team environment.