- Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (“GAAP”) and, specifically, non-profit GAAP.
- Experience with Dynamics GP or another large automated accounting system a plus.
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office products.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet required deadlines.
- Strong customer-centric approach required.
- The marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by the manager.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in Accounting from an accredited university
- CPA or CPA candidate highly desirable
- 5+ years of experience as an accountant in a public accounting firm or non-profit organization
National PTA offers a generous benefit package which includes: medical, dental, disability and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, retirement plans with employer matching contributions, 10 days of paid vacation plus the week between December 24 and January 31, 12 days of paid sick leave, with additional personal leave and 10 paid holidays.
National PTA is an equal opportunity employer and follows all federal, state and local hiring laws. Requests for accommodation during the hiring process may be made to the Director of Human Resources.
For consideration, please email your resume, salary requirements, and a thoughtful cover letter to email@example.com.