- Supervises two Assistants.
- Delegates effectively, communicates expectations clearly, and provides professional development opportunities.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in journalism or video required.
- Minimum of 3 years' of relevant experience with increasing responsibilities within a professional society or nonprofit organization or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 1 year of supervisory or team lead experience required.
- Moderate experience to be able to read, edit, and manipulate HTML.
- Demonstrated success in managing projects to completion, on time and within budget.
- Proven ability to set priorities, take initiative, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Highly organized, analytical, detail-oriented, data-driven and able to proactively identify and address problems quickly and independently.
- Experience in print and managing website content proficiency.
- Experience staffing volunteer committees is desirable.
- Knowledge of working within Drupal or WordPress software is desirable.
- Able to work in a fast-paced and team environment.
Our generous benefits package includes: medical, dental, disability and life insurance; flexible spending accounts, two retirement plans with employer matching and nonmatching contributions; 12 days of paid vacation, 12 days of paid sick leave, with additional personal leave and 10 paid holidays; gym membership reimbursement; and tuition reimbursement.
The Society for Neuroscience is wholly dedicated to recruiting, developing, and retaining a diverse group of talented people. We are committed to provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected criteria, in accordance with applicable law and we welcome Veteran applicants.
If this is you and you are eager to make meaningful contributions to a highly relevant and important mission, please submit a cover letter with your salary requirements and a copy of your resume for consideration. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.