Virginia Agribusiness Council is seeking an Executive Director to lead the association into its next level of growth and enrichment in the Commonwealth of Virginia. The ideal match for this position is one who has a passion for and knowledge of the agriculture and forestry industry, represented not only by the business interests of the diversified industries of agriculture and forestry, but also by the impact and value government relations has on the agriculture and forestry industries.
The Executive Director oversees the day-to-day financial and administrative activities for this state-wide association, as well as, orchestrates and participates in the networking activities that drive membership growth, legislative initiatives, educational programs and Board of Director endeavors. A successful Executive Director is someone who can assess, analyze and articulate the vision and value of the association to stakeholders, strategic partners and the community at large. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of exceptional written and verbal communication and is comfortable in public-speaking arenas as well as individual interpersonal experiences.
• Support the Board of Directors and Executive Committee
• Advocate for members with state and federal government officials in development of laws, regulations and policies
• Promote the Council through a positive public image (speaking engagements, conducting industry tours, forums, etc.)
• Membership recruitment and retention
• Oversight and participation in administrative activities (personnel management/leadership, financial oversight, membership records, etc.)
Skills and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree - preferably in political science or an agribusiness-related field
• Substantial government relations experience; proclivity toward public policy analysis, development, strategy and implementation
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Executive supervisory and management experience with associations or agribusiness organization
• Ability to travel state-wide and occasionally outside of the Commonwealth • Affinity toward agribusiness industry preferred
If you feel you would be a great match for this position, please send your resume and cover letter by March 31, 2018
Principles only, recruiters and AMC’s please do not respond to this job post
Additional Salary Information: Compensation Commensurate with Experience.
This position offers competitive compensation as well as a competitive benefits package.
About Virginia Agribusiness Council
The Virginia Agribusiness Council is a non-profit member organization committed to representing the agriculture and forest industries in the Commonwealth with a unified voice through effective government relations efforts.