Under the supervision of the Executive Director, responsible for general office management, financial operations, and providing administrative, computer, and logistical support for programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND TASKS:
1. Assists visitors and callers, receiving and forwarding messages in a timely manner
2. Manages day-to-day financial records in QuickBooks, including: accounts payable, invoicing, accounts receivable; payroll; bank account reconciliations; general ledger reconciliations
3. Works with outside accountants who prepare financial statements
4. Processes the daily mail
5. Prepares periodic reports as required
6. Assists auditors with annual audit
7. Manage the time records of contractors
8. Manages the purchase of office equipment and supplies, including computers
9. Keep the databases current
10. Prepare the newsletter, using the newsletter software program
11. Manage the web site to keep it up-to-date and a resource for information regarding programs, conferences, trainings, and events
12. Handle the paperwork associated with enrollment of participants in each of the sponsored events
13. Assist the Executive Director to assure timely enrollment of participants
14. Provide on-site support at meeting sites
15. Serves as a resource members and potential members
16. Arrange travel and lodging for Executive Director, if requested
17. Assist the Executive Director to prepare for Board Meetings
18. Performs other duties as requested
WORKING CONDITIONS: This work is performed in a business office setting. Job duties also necessitate the need to drive off-site at times for office supplies or to visit other vendors/suppliers. Must be able to work alone without supervision close by. Travel to meeting or conference sites is essential to the work.
EFFORT: Must be able to see, hear and speak. Work requires sitting for long periods of time and working at a computer screen. Constant reaching and fingering. Daily interaction with supervisor, members, attendees at meetings, board members, vendors and other stakeholders. Must be willing and able to work with detail. Work can be very fast-paced and stressful; the need to multi-task and remain calm under pressure is essential. Lifting of up to forty (40) pounds is needed to handle office equipment and meeting set-up.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Associate Degree or other post secondary education in Business, Office Administration, Accounting, or a related field. Must be able to work within a team and individually under general supervision. Two-Three years of accounting, general office or business administration experience. Experience working in a non-profit, membership based organization is desirable.
A combination of education, training and experience may be substituted when competency in the role is demonstrated. Successful performance on pre-employment tests may be required.
Reasonable job accommodations may be made to those who are able to perform the essential duties of the job. The employee must be able to maintain complete confidentiality of any information s/he encounters.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE: This position requires computer knowledge and skill. Must be able to use business software packages, software provided by payroll company, software used for accounting and web sites, and applications within Microsoft Office. Must have attention to detail. Strong interpersonal skills are essential. Must be able to gain the trust of the members and maintain confidential information.
MRERF reserves the right to revise and alter this job description as needed.
About Manufacturers' Representatives Educational Research Foundation
The Manufacturers’ Representatives Educational Research Foundation (aka MRERF) is the creative energy behind educational programs offered by the Institute for Professional Advancement (IPA). The Foundation also prepares educational materials, supports and publishes resource material and periodic reports concerning the representative-manufacturer relationships and their respective functions. All information generated by MRERF is available to both the academic and business communities.