The Automotive Service Association is looking for an individual with a proven track record of growing membership and improving membership retention for a not-for-profit association. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience for the following position:
Under the direct supervision of the vice president, the Director of Membership will support the core business strategies and mission of the organization in the following areas:
- Help execute a strategic plan encompassing programs and benefits that increase membership and improve retention.
- Work as a liaison with ASA Affiliated Organizations to ensure they receive the tools and information necessary to successfully grow their membership.
- Develop and maintain positive member relations.
- Coordinate functions within the company to ensure that member/customer requests and questions are handled in a timely manner.
- Work closely with ASA Sponsored Benefit Providers in promoting membership and member services.
- Develop collaborative working relationships with Accounting and Marketing/Communications departments to ensure that membership campaigns and support systems are integrated with program development to respond to members’ existing and anticipated needs.
- Maintain and update the membership database to ensure accuracy in all areas.
- Coordinate the development of national membership campaigns to increase and retain members.
- Work with ASA Affiliated Organizations to ensure their needs are addressed and voices heard relative to process development and improvement.
- Assist in the creation of monthly and quarterly reports to identify current membership trends.
- Participate in cross-training programs to enhance agile responses to shifting priorities and challenges.
- Work closely with Marketing/Communications team to ensure brand alignment in communication of core themes and messages to meet the needs and expectations of specific audiences.
- 5+ years experience in a membership-based organization.
- Demonstrated customer service proficiency, exhibiting high standards of timeliness and responsiveness.
- Working knowledge of large database software.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate organization’s vision, processes and programs to build core membership and expand into markets not served or underserved.
- Proven background in a highly collaborative environment, where professionalism, teamwork, congeniality and self-motivation are necessary for success.
- Ten percent travel required, encompassing both day trips and overnight.
- Extensive experience with MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
The Automotive Service Association is the largest, nonprofit trade association of its kind dedicated to automotive service and collision repair professionals. Founded to help auto shop owners change and grow their businesses, we are governed by the independent service and repair professionals themselves.
Our members count on us for education, training, peer-to-peer connections, legislative rep...resentation, industry information and money-saving benefits. ASA’s international membership base includes member-shops from both the mechanical and collision repair segments of the industry as well as 16 affiliated organizations across the country.
ASA's mission is to advance professionalism and excellence in the automotive repair industry through education, representation and member services.