Under the direction of the Sr. Director, Conferences, the Sponsorship and Exhibits Specialist is primarily responsible for coordinating all aspects of ICI’s conference sponsorship program for approximately 6 – 8 conferences per year ranging in size from 75-1400 persons. This also includes affiliate events and exhibit activity for the General Membership Meeting and all other conferences that include affiliate events.
Other major duties and responsibilities include: · Maintains working budget of sponsor and exhibitor revenue and expenses.
· Sells and processes sponsorship, exhibitor, and affiliate registrations and coordinates sponsorship fulfillment to include ordering branded marketing items, signage, and logo placements.
· Updates overall sponsorship prospectus and collaborates with Public Communications staff to produce and review sponsorship materials for website, monthly promotions, and contracts.
· Develops and coordinates all aspects of exhibit activity for the General Membership Meeting to include exhibit hall layout, booth reservation system and payments, and booth assignments.
· Coordinates and manages service contractor and exhibition security for the General Membership Meeting.
· Develops relationships with repeat sponsors and exhibitors, works with internal clients to identify new prospects, and maintains outreach lists and databases.
· Researches and stays current on competitive event sponsorship and exhibits programs and sponsor offerings.
Minimum job requirements: · Bachelor’s degree and 3 – 5 years of related experience in conference sponsorship and exhibit hall management or an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
· Customer focused with the ability to work with various constituencies, including Institute members, sponsors and exhibitors, attendees, staff and external suppliers and vendors.
· Ability to work with and maintain a budget.
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective relationships and work in a team oriented environment.
· Strong project management, analytical, and organizational skills; ability to be proactive.
· Must be flexible with the ability to travel approximately six times per year for one to seven days.
ICI offers competitive salary, excellent benefits, and is conveniently located next to Metro. Please email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE.
Investment Company Institute is the national association for U.S. investment companies. Founded in 1940, ICI seeks to encourage adherence to high ethical standards, promote public understanding, and advance the interests of funds, their shareholders, directors, and advisers.